Sunday 28 November 2010

Lighting Progress


By looking at these online tutorials I have significantly improved my lighting skills using Maya.
I have been experimenting with different techniques and exploring the attributed of various different light settings and mechanics.

I shall demonstrate my progression with a couple of render images.

1.
The image above was my first attempt at lighting without the use of any tutorials. As you can see the lighting here is poor, purely because I did not really understand how lighting worked in Maya.

2.
This image above however is far more effective. The online digital tutors tutorial has helped me so much and has improved my lighting skills by a long way. I applied what I had learnt to my own 3D interior environment. I am very pleased with this render and it is very close to what I imagine the final result to look like.


No comments:

Post a Comment