Sunday 7 November 2010

The 5 Whys

In our first IPP lecture we were told to ask ourselves questions regarding why we were wanting to pursue a particular job or career. It was stated that a particular exercise was useful in analyzing your thoughts, actions and choices. Through this exercise we can learn more about ourselves in relation to the industry. This exercise is known as the 5 whys and is particularly useful in self promotion to help us acquire that dream job.

Q: Why are you at Ravensbourne?
A: Because I wish to complete an animation course.

Q: Why do you want to do an animation course?
A: I wanted to do this animation course because it was the course that closely resembled what I wanted to do later in my career.

Q: What do you want to do later in your career?
A: I wish to work in the games or film industry.

Q: Why do you want to work in the games or film industry?
A: Because I have loved games and film from a very early age.

Q: Why have you loved games and film from such an early age?
A: I guess my father was a huge influence because he has been working in the film industry from an early age. But probably the most important reason is because I have over the years played games and watched many films and have quickly realized that game and film are such powerful mediums in which to tell a story. I have become passionate about storytelling and I just love listening to and telling stories. For me watching a great movie on the big screen and being transported to another world/ space and time is an amazing feeling. Nostalgia is also a key element too, as I have fond memories of watching films at the cinema.

I have also had an eye for design, so to be able to design something and then for it to be projected on the screen is also a wonderful feeling of accomplishment.

No comments:

Post a Comment